Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't bother me terribly, but I am wondering after reading through a number of posts, if re-wiring would reduce the headlight dimming I experience during normal night time driving? If so, are there any other benefits to doing this? My battery puts out 12.4 with no load and 14.2 with engine on. But the headlights still dim while driving at night.

If I do this, which seems rather easy to accomplish (removing the serp being the hardest part) are there any other improvements I will see? Just trying to weigh whether or not it's worth my time. I have the stock radio. No amp. And original crappy alternator, but it still works so I ain't about to change it.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
have you thought about getting or making your own Engine Grounding Kit

they can improve things like headlight brightness, windows rolling up and down faster, other minor benefits

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/154-audio-electronics-lighting/279001-engine-grounding-kits-who-has-one.html

the Kit i made was comprised of taking 2 guys who used to make Grounding Kits for fellow Accord owners and finding the best Grounding points because both seemed to be missing one or two more common ground points

·
Old guy
343 Posts
If it dims,and you don't have a system sucking the current, then you may have a ground issue. Might try cleaning them where they touch metal.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it dims,and you don't have a system sucking the current, then you may have a ground issue. Might try cleaning them where they touch metal.
Thanks pickup, that's what I thought as well. Can't figure where I'd lose voltage, so I am going off the grounds being less than perfect. But do I need to ground the battery in 7 different places 2i2dk1ny2i3? Feel that that would be a waste of money? Unless you've got the wire lying around?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
You really only need 2 grounds, one from the battery to the frame and one from the engine to the frame. The ones Honda uses are adequate, the issue is the ELD and putting the alternator in low output mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts