Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to purchase the wheels/rims that come on the 2018 Honda Accord Sport/Touring for my 2018 Honda Accord LX, but I know that they're a little bigger. Would it grind against my LX if I do end up switching them out? Pros? Cons? Feedback? Suggestions? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,674 Posts
The Sport and Touring are different wheels.

Pros? The car will look better (subjective), and possibly handle better.
Cons? The wheels are heavy so your gas mileage will decrease, your braking distance will increase due to the smaller brakes on the LX, tires are more expensive, and the ride will be harsher due to less sidewall on the tire.

Reactions: Andrew O

·
Registered
222 Posts
You shouldnt have an issue running the sport wheels on your LX. At the end of the day its still an accord. Your trim level doesnt change the wheel wells, just the wheels.. The trim level you have just means you have less options. The sport wheels is an option. As far as the cons take what Darkart said and go with that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've been wanting to purchase the wheels/rims that come on the 2018 Honda Accord Sport/Touring for my 2018 Honda Accord LX, but I know that they're a little bigger. Would it grind against my LX if I do end up switching them out? Pros? Cons? Feedback? Suggestions? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!
as Darkart said, I myself switched from 19" on Sport 2.0 to 17", on the first day of ownership, much better, after 10K miles

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'd say before making the investment take a test drive in a Sport with 19s to see what you are gaining and losing. Steering will be a little bit sharper, but smaller sidewalls will absorb less of the potholes. Touring also has 19" rims but comes with adaptive dampers, so it is not the same exact ride you will get with other trims on same size wheels. It is also easier to curb bigger rims, and once damaged they will be a bigger eyesore.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,573 Posts
Surprised no one mentioned the high rate of theft for "Sport" style rims wheels.

Considering you're in Florida...

·
Registered
248 Posts
That’s what I was worried about! I really want new wheels instead of my standard wheels, but also not sure what might look nice. this is what I’m currently working with.
Honda also offers a few 19" accessory wheels from the dealer that might look nice on your Accord. They are expensive- but are an option.

19" Chrome Alloy Wheels: $421 each online

19" Glint Black Alloy Wheels: $376 each online

19" Wheels with Black inserts (you can get chrome or bronze inserts too)... $451 each (wheels+inserts)

You could also see if you can find a set of the 17" wheels that come on the EX/EXL trim. I think those are exactly the same size as your stock wheels so you could continue to use your existing tires. In my opinion, these aren't much better looking than the LX wheels.

You also might want to wait a few months... It's pretty likely that the 2021 Accord will have some new wheel designs- and you might like those better... Within a few months you'll likely be able to find some of those wheels for sale on Ebay or Craigslist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts