1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer - 150 W
http://amzn.com/B00BO8O9XQ

Dimensions 16.4x9.7x4.1

I think this had better reviews than the soundstream or basslink and is also self powered

Thanks!

·
144ci of Japanese Muscle!
162 Posts
Dimensions 16.4x9.7x4.1
I suppose I shouldn't bother asking if you got your head in your footwell and measured the available room yourself.... seems like a straightforward way to answer your own question.

·
Chocolate Lady
269 Posts
My amp fit under my passenger seat and these are the dimensions:
14-11/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-5/16"D

It appears to be smaller than yours but that's the best I can tell you.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I know an iPad fits under there lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer - 150 W
http://amzn.com/B00BO8O9XQ

Dimensions 16.4x9.7x4.1

I think this had better reviews than the soundstream or basslink and is also self powered

Thanks!

I also have an amp under there. The 4.1 height shouldn't be an issue.

The 16.4 should fit, just barely, between the rails.

The 9.7 should also fit, but you may be subjecting it to being kicked if you have a passenger in the back. If you have weathertech rear floormats, they will not clear the sub.

·
Newb
136 Posts
16" is too wide between the rails. The rails are about 14 1/2" wide, total width under the seat is probably closer to 17-18". The problem you are going to have is that the length of 9.7" is probably longer than you have available from the floor vent to the rear seat bolts (where the width narrows down to 14 1/2").

·
'13 Accord
44 Posts
I suppose I shouldn't bother asking if you got your head in your footwell and measured the available room yourself.... seems like a straightforward way to answer your own question.
That would have been my answer :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it's my first time doing anything audio and I wasn't sure if I needed space for ventilation and how much or if there is something like a bracket in the way that can't be removed

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Yeah ventilation is always a good thing, especially with something compact like that. I'm not sure what the amp class rating is in that thing, but even if it's something efficient like D/G/etc then it's still going to get hot..especially since most will likely overdrive it!

Is there any reason you're not wanting to use the trunk? You don't need to take up much space in the trunk to get MUCH more than that will ever put out. Hell even a sealed 10 that requires something around .4-.5 cubes on a small mono amp would likely make you grin pretty big.

·
'13 Accord
44 Posts
Yeah ventilation is always a good thing, especially with something compact like that. I'm not sure what the amp class rating is in that thing, but even if it's something efficient like D/G/etc then it's still going to get hot..especially since most will likely overdrive it!

Is there any reason you're not wanting to use the trunk? You don't need to take up much space in the trunk to get MUCH more than that will ever put out. Hell even a sealed 10 that requires something around .4-.5 cubes on a small mono amp would likely make you grin pretty big.
I didn't lose much space at all with my 10" skar sub... well worth the prefab box I bought too. 600watt mono amp to it sure gives clean punchy sound on a sealed box. Let me put it this way, I'm never wishing I had more bass. I'm a quality nut. Use a little space in the trunk. It will be worth it :thmsup:

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,338 Posts
I didn't lose much space at all with my 10" skar sub... well worth the prefab box I bought too. 600watt mono amp to it sure gives clean punchy sound on a sealed box. Let me put it this way, I'm never wishing I had more bass. I'm a quality nut. Use a little space in the trunk. It will be worth it :thmsup:
Some if us do not have that luxury...

Even the magnet from the factory sub was too much to allow the stroller to fit. The stroller hit it on the way in.

Jay

·
'13 Accord
44 Posts
Some if us do not have that luxury...

Even the magnet from the factory sub was too much to allow the stroller to fit. The stroller hit it on the way in.

Jay
I see....

Lets take out the spare and start fiber glassing :biggrin:

You have a good point sir.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.