Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Wrap for chrome door handles?

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Sultan 
#1 ·
Fellow DA'ers, has anyone with chrome door handles successfully covered them up with vinyl or anything? I really hate the chrome, but don't want to go to the hassle & expense of having them changed out for body-colored handles. Any tips? Or should I just go for the body colored handles?

The car is silver for what its worth. If it was black, I'd plasti-dip and be done with it.

#2 ·
I think black vinyl would look good and your local tint shop should be able to do that for cheap. I would say if you’re trying to color match with vinyl then it’s probably a little harder and/or expensive.

#3 ·
I have no idea how tough vinyl is, but do you really wanna put that on a spot where you will constantly be touching? More importantly others touching which wont be as careful as you might be.

If i were you i would do it right, and buy the OEM color matched door handles.

#4 ·
:thmsup:True that!! :thmsup: Thats why for my '11 I bought a set of body matched handles.. If the chrome on my car is anythign like the wifes '09 CRV I know I'll be swapping them out sooner than later.. If I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right... Nothing looks worse than a newer car that has stuff falling apart on it!

#5 ·
Hi, my car is white and last month the chrome on my door handles, window trims and modulo style grille are just been tinted using 40% Oracle Vinyl. The effect that i want to achieve is black chrome or anodized, keep them black while maintaining some of it's glare.
You may check the pictures at my (build) thread :)

#7 ·
Yea his handles look really cool. I like them. If the shop does a good job then it should last... Just gotta take into account that you might have to maintenance it every so often

#6 ·
You guys are probably right, I should just go for the real body-colored handles. Has anyone done this so I can get an idea of cost? Did you have the dealer do it, or a custom shop?

#11 ·
chrome = :thumbsdow imo

#12 ·
Maybe post something in the classifieds like WTT (want to trade) I know a lot of people want the chrome and a lot of people want the color matched. If you find someone with the same color car in 2.4L and they are close, you might want to just swap. IDK, just an idea…I will say this, if I owned the V6 I would be in the same boat as you :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.