Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks great, I think adding leather would really give it a premium look to it. What type of wrap did you use?

·
Rhymes with Mick & Quick
1,314 Posts
I like it more than I thought I would, very subtle and classy. It has texture, right?

FYI for those who are contemplating a vinyl wrap, here is mine with "Bubinga" 3M Di-Noc.

I want to see someone try the Bird Eye Maple in beige or black interior. And I really wish 3M would release Dark Burlwood like the ones you see in luxury cars.

Mick

Attachments

·
Rhymes with Mick & Quick
1,314 Posts
that looks great! How difficult is it to actually apply especially for a first timer?
There is a mega thread on 3M wrap here, but it is very easy once you get a hang of it. I do recommend buying or renting a heat gun. I was a first timer but it was fun and not time consuming at all.

Mick

Great job keeping it clean and simple, and not going overboard and wrapping every single piece you can pop off.
Actually, I did wrap quite a bit more initially, but decided to take off quite a bit to keep it simple and not (too) fake-looking. Sometimes there is just "too much wood," as I am often told by the ladies (ok, not really).

Mick

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was thinking of a proper color wood to match the gray interior. Dark Tamo wood grain :dunno: What do you all think?? I may be stuck with ebony metallic, which looks to be the wood Kris used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The dash trim just pops off, the door handle pieces are a little more tricky. There are three screws on the back side holding the trim in place, some you pretty much have to take the whole door panel off first

Mick it looks good, I like the fact that it has a gloss to it, mine is just a flat look

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.