Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, hi im a newb to this forum and well accords in general. With that said, i know it sounds a little ridiculous and everyone is going to say just get a V6 but i like my i4 and i just want it to have that clean looking dual exhaust.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Order a muffler, heatshield, and bolt and have a shop fab it up for you...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
its not ridiculous at all...the car does look quite unfinished with just one muffler in the back ...thats why i did what u are trying to do ...i got my muffler and tip from a guy in canada thats a member here...u just gotta find someone who has gotten aftermarket exhaust

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
I thought with 4 bangers, you need to have some back pressure to run properly (unless you have a turbo). So putting dual exhaust on a i4 might not actually help your cause. Would it even have enough pressure to get a sound out of TWO mufflers? Your talking about cutting the pressure in half and expecting twice the sound...?!?!

Im thinking about the VR6 GTI for example....It has a normal exhaust at low RPM's and then doesnt it cut to an open pipe when you get it up past a certain RPM range? That way it can keep the back pressure for low RPM's and run smooth but loose the pressure when the RPM's are high and in need of more ventilation?

Correct me if Im wrong here???

·
Registered
43 Posts
couldn't you just put one there for cosmetic purposes and not even hook it up? I know thats sounds terrible but if you're just going for the look...maybe?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
get CC inserts to increase backpressure..thats what im going to do..search for it on the forum

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I thought with 4 bangers, you need to have some back pressure to run properly (unless you have a turbo). So putting dual exhaust on a i4 might not actually help your cause. Would it even have enough pressure to get a sound out of TWO mufflers? Your talking about cutting the pressure in half and expecting twice the sound...?!?!

Im thinking about the VR6 GTI for example....It has a normal exhaust at low RPM's and then doesnt it cut to an open pipe when you get it up past a certain RPM range? That way it can keep the back pressure for low RPM's and run smooth but loose the pressure when the RPM's are high and in need of more ventilation?

Correct me if Im wrong here???
mine isnt connected to anything...its just sitting up there haha...some might think that is stupid but they probably drive a v6 and already have dual exhaust so crap on them....i hated how the car looked with just one muffler in the back ..its just not balanced imo

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I was thinking, just have it on there, for asthetic purposes only. Not have it be connected or anything, I know it's dead weight but I don't really care like
I said I have the accord because it's a nice reliable car that looks good, I'm not looking for speed on this thing, for that I have my other baby, 97 eclipse gsx, so thanx for all the info. Anyone selling their exhaust? Lol

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
No one will notice the 17" wheels, no fogs, and color matched headlights. I mean if you are going to do duals, might as well do it right. It's not like it costs an arm and a leg to dual exhaust on i4.

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
But again, for all you guys telling the OP to connect the muffler. I dont think it will really do him any good anyway. It might just make performance worse. So might as well save the weight and performance loss and just have a muffler hanging on the back for looks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts