Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing the ebay fogs and followed guides to hook up to the parking light wire and they never did work, when closing everything to try again in the morning i started the car and the parking lights are not working, and the check engine light is on:paranoid:

im thinking the fuse was blown for the parking light but why does the engine light come on for? if anyone has any ideas let me know:dunno:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
After I wired my fogs, the CEL came on too. Nothing was wrong so I just reset the ECU and everything's been fine since then. Not sure why your parking lights aren't working though. Did you ground your locations properly?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
damn. i would flip out if i saw that..

but thats why i wired mine to the power outlet =)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay so today i got in the car and the engine light, abs, and battery light was on! also the parking lights didnt work:thumbsdow i started the car and when i step on the gas the car would go then would break then go and break subtly. I freaked out and went to the dealership. Got the call 4 hrs later and they said they fixed it and it turned out to just be the computer throwing out codes because i shorted something. Well i payed 114.59$ in all and was happy as hell that my car ran perfectly again. i'm not touching the electrical anymore.

Btw i followed the guides to a tee. Double checking everything before turning on the car. Im thinking the wire diagram are diffrent on the canadian 07 models.

anyways just happy the car is okay, the fogs look good even with lights shining outta them:thumbsup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yea always disconnect the battery. This is the reason I didn't go with the ebay kit. They're not supposed to be wired to the parking lights, per Honda's design. They're only supposed to come on when the low beams are on. Yea I wanted them on with the parking lights too, but I decided not to take the chance and picked up the OEM kit with the OEM switch and harnesses. Just as a precaution, I was told about people having electrical issues with the ebay kit. Chances are you're good, I just didnt want to risk it. Glad it was something simple though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the battery was disconnected at all times during the wiring. It was when i connected the battery to test nothing came on, neither the switch or the lights.
Im leaving the lights in and ordering an oem harness. Anyone know of a a good site or any deals on them. it is one harness am i right? Honda told me it would cost 170 just for labour to connect it:naughty:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts