Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the X-package installed on our family Beater 2014 LX Accord.

Actually X-package consist of oem underbody spoiler, rear deck lid, and Sport grill.

i did not like the Sport grill

Long story short, dealership had screwed up and i got a deal on the kit. Otherwise $2k plus install for x-package is a rip!!

Reason i went with LX and not sport model is because, the Sport model is a joke. 189HP only aesthetics , my second car is a 6mt G sedan so i a have plenty of power

sure the Sport model has power seat which i miss and 18" wheels, but our Accord is a daily beater to pick up and drop kids so need the extra 2 MPG LOL

Here are some pics

on the way home i got bird poop on trunk!!!

Honda tech forgot to torque wheels. he had to make a special house call.

LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
What kind of birds you got up there? That looks like the whole bird exploded on impact :)

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Got the X-package installed on our family Beater 2014 LX Accord.

Actually X-package consist of oem underbody spoiler, rear deck lid, and Sport grill.

i did not like the Sport grill

Long story short, dealership had screwed up and i got a deal on the kit. Otherwise $2k plus install for x-package is a rip!!

Reason i went with LX and not sport model is because, the Sport model is a joke. 189HP only aesthetics , my second car is a 6mt G sedan so i a have plenty of power

sure the Sport model has power seat which i miss and 18" wheels, but our Accord is a daily beater to pick up and drop kids so need the extra 2 MPG LOL

Here are some pics

on the way home i got bird poop on trunk!!!

Honda tech forgot to torque wheels. he had to make a special house call.

LOL
I dont understand the digs against the Sport model. If you bought what fits your needs, that is cool. :thmsup:

Jay

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont understand the digs against the Sport model. If you bought what fits your needs, that is cool. :thmsup:

Jay
it seems there is not alot of love for the lx on this forum, just wanted to give me .2 on sport. :thumbsup::lmao:

·
Registered
5 Posts
No need to justify why you didn't get Sport. No one really cares. Personaly, i think your car would look much better with the Sport rims and the fog lights.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
The Sport model is only "aesthetics",and the X Package isn't?
Naw man, that X package will improve aerodynamics! The car will perform like an Indy car now.

JMHO but these body kits look way too "bolted on" for my taste. Kinda like the bolted on look of the Corolla body kits or something

·
2014 CBP CR2 6MT
127 Posts
Internet face palm bro. Just post pics of the car and not why you didn't get a sport. Everyone here has an accord and won't flame you for getting a lx. Anyway it looks good.

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,369 Posts
Naw man, that X package will improve aerodynamics! The car will perform like an Indy car now.

JMHO but these body kits look way too "bolted on" for my taste. Kinda like the bolted on look of the Corolla body kits or something
Completely agree. What a rip off scam. Might as well get a flimsy fiberglass kit that'll flap in the wind! hahar

And to the OPs comment about the Honda Tech not torqueing the wheels properly... this is yet ANOTHER story/reason not to trust the stealership for anything. I've heard way too many things like this. :thumbsdow

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Looks good! Now get some wheels or spacers to fill in the awful rear wheel/fender gap.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Completely agree. What a rip off scam. Might as well get a flimsy fiberglass kit that'll flap in the wind! hahar

And to the OPs comment about the Honda Tech not torqueing the wheels properly... this is yet ANOTHER story/reason not to trust the stealership for anything. I've heard way too many things like this. :thumbsdow
How did they figure out they didn't torque them properly?

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
If it's just a beater then why not purchase the cheapest thing you can find? According to that logic...of course.

·
ZMOWEN
86 Posts
My sport looks better than that LX and I don't even have the "X-Package".

I second the "if it's a beater, why not buy the cheapest thing you could find".

I really doubt that most of us bought our accords to be "beaters".

·
Registered
57 Posts
it seems there is not alot of love for the lx on this forum, just wanted to give me .2 on sport. :thumbsup::lmao:

Its not that there's no love for LX. I would've gotten an LX if the Sport didn't exist. But for that extra $2000 or so you get A LOT of upgrades in a Sport from an LX which makes it totally worth it. If you were to piece all the upgrades in a Sport from the LX it'll probably be well over $6000. So at the end of the day its what you want to spend and how you want to spend your money.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts