Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2008 EX-L V6 w/o navigation. Today I started my car, and noticed no sound coming from XM radio (last mode it was on). Switched to FM and radio worked, pressed XM and nothing...doesnt switch to XM radio. Every other button on the panel seems to be working.
I got into diagnostic mode by pressing 1, 6 and power and when I press XM button it registers that I'm pushing it. I'm at a loss as to why I cant access XM radio anymore. It's not subscription related, but seems more like the radio just wont go into XM mode. Any suggestions?

·
Elvira
3,709 Posts
Have you tried to have XM resend the data thru their website? You know use your radio ID and XM will send the data to the radio for activation.

Is that what you mean by not going into XM mode? It doesn't even allow for you to download?

Or, maybe the XM module quit working. Don't know how to prove that though.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,308 Posts
Why is your solution to everything "Might be better to have your original part repaired"?

It could be as simple as resetting the radio by disconnecting/reconnecting the battery cables or removing the head unit and disconnecting/reconnecting everything

Any luck with this? Just happened to me as well.

Followup: Fixed it tonight. FYI I've got a 2010 Accord V6 (premium audio system). I removed the head unit, disconnected and reconnected all the cables, re-entered the security code. Works fine now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts