Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a used 9th gen v6. Love it.

I was playing with the XM radio, and I was surprised to discover that it worked. I thought I needed a subscription for this? Can anyone explain how this works?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think you get a free 3 or 6 month sub with the purchase of new or used car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I see. Yes, apparently dealers will enable the free trial when they sell you a new car. Got it. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The free trial is good for 90 days. Don't worry they will be calling you to get you to subscribe. The regular subscription is something like $14 a month. However, they will offer you something like six months for $8 dollars a month. My trial subscription ran out in September and they just offered my a year for $8 a month. This was their second offer since September. If you want to listen to Howard Stern, that's a premium subscription which is about $17 a month. If I went for their reduced subscription I would not give them a credit card number but to pay by check or bank transfer. Once they get your credit card number they will keep billing the card at the regular price after the promotional offer has expired.

They play the same songs over and over again and if you are under an underpass for a couple of minutes you lose the signal. Also, many of their stations are rebroadcasts of regular shows on radio including the commercials.

I opted to let it expire and listen to my own music and downloaded podcasts on my old iPod Touch. You can load up music and podcasts onto a memory stick and play them through the standard audio system.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had Sirius for several years to listen to Stern, but let it expire back in 2010. I get a letter once a week asking to renew for $25 for 6 months. I prefer to listen to my phone instead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They play the same songs over and over again and if you are under an underpass for a couple of minutes you lose the signal. Also, many of their stations are rebroadcasts of regular shows on radio including the commercials.
Thanks for this info (and the other info as well!). I'm particularly interested in the TV news rebroadcasts - CNN, etc. Do you happen to know if that stuff is old, or up to the minute? Sorry so specific; its the only reason I'd even consider it.

·
2013 Accord EX-L V6 Navi
9 Posts
The broadcasts of CNN, FOX, etc are the LIVE audio of what is currently broadcasting on their tv counterparts. The music is like that of any other radio station, if you are listening to a top 20 station that's what you will hear, the top 20 over and over and if you are listening to a rap station thats all you will hear. Some stations play only 80's music, some 90's, some 60's, some latin, some only NFL games, some only MLB, and so on. Overall I like it, I can listen anywhere in the country and not have to worry about signal fade and changing stations as I drive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
By the way, kind of unrelated, but DISH television packages come with every Sirius/XM channel at no additional charge. Sounds awesome through a receiver and speakers. Unlike Pandora, there are cool radio shows like Jason Ellis and Stern...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts