Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Im really interest in switching from the factory xm to sirius radio on my 2008 accord ex-l. Ive searched the forums quite a bit and I know that I need the HON SC1 module and the sirius tuner SCC1. While Ive found a lot of info on how to do it, Ive had a hard time finding people who have actually made the switch and their opinions and impressions.

I want to make the switch because here in PR, we dont get XM. Does the module display all of sirius channel info on the stock screen or will it still display the xm channel list? I have a P-81acrd, will it work with this unit?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

·
"Old School" Shifter
380 Posts
I would download the app and play it thru the aux input. If you can't get xm then are you sure you can get sirius? From my research they are the same and are merged together.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about it, but i wanted the OEM look. And yeah, i had a car that had Sirius. It's got something to do with lower orbiting satelliteS or sobering like that. It kind of sucks that even though they are the same company, they don't offer the same service everywhere. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
XM to Sirius upgrade

I had this modification completed 6 years ago to listen to Howard Stern and it has been flawless. The only inconvenience I have run into is I cannot scroll through the channel list, which is available if you press the enter button. Also, the channel button on the steering wheel no longer scrolls through my presets. Instead, it goes to the next station, which I prefer.

2008 EX-L i-4 Coupe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts