Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching a lot of information, but many of the posts seemed to be over a year or two old, so I guess this is a shout for help on if there is new tech that can help.

I have an 06 Accord EX-L with the factory radio with built-in XM and CD-changer. While I have enjoyed the radio, the XM prices are crazy compared to sirius, so I am making the switch. With that in mind, I am looking to put in a Sirius Starmate 5 that offers the a la carte package.

I would like to tie it into the factory radio and use the sirius starmate through the factory radio. (Not sure if this works through the AUX connection or not). In addition, I want to use the existing XM satellite antennae for the Starmate.

Is all of this possible? If so, can you point me in the right direction to make this help (in regards to parts and "how-to" instructions). It's been a number of years since the last time I installed radios.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
748 Posts
to be honest, this really isn't worth it. i'd try to get the $77/year xm deal that everyone else has here instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry that I can't provide you with any technical assistance but after reading this thread I'd never switch to Sirius. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488198
I hear ya. The problem is XM wanted $300+ for 2 vehicles per year. Main reason I used XM was it came with the car and I could get best of sirius to get the NFL games. I really don't listen to music that much, more sports talk and sports game. I have to buy the XM service at $12 bucks per month, than an additional $2 bucks for Sirius. It ****s.

On top of it all, when I called XM, I got somebody that could hardly speak English... and they were going to CHARGE me to downgrade my plan. Absofreakin ridiculous. I'd rather go ala carte and get just the stations I want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts