1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
i saw it too... i knew the crosstour was going to be on the list

·
Registered
242 Posts
I still think the Crosstour has an Identity problem. I have an Accord and I am looking for more utility. The CR-V has more storage space than the Crosstour. So if power is stopping people from buying the CR-V, wouldn't it be wiser to put a V6 in the CR-V instead of trying to increase the utility of the Accord. I mean doesn't the CR-V pretty much have most of the features of the Crosstour? That's why I understand Toyota's direction with the Venza, at least it is a true wagon.

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
2,111 Posts
I still have not seen a Crosstour yet.....maybe banned in NJ? :)
(With apoligies to Crosstour owners)

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
I gotta admit: I love Honda, love my Accord, but I think the Crosstour is illconceived and going to be a sales flop. At it's price, you are well into Pilot territory, if you want the AWD and utility. The styling is very odd..... I am miffed why Honda didn't just simply use the front end clip from either the Accord sedan or coupe :dunno:

Yes, I know why Honda made it: to compete with the Toyota Venza.

I do not see the Crosstour lasting very long, or I see them restructuring engines/pricing/content in a couple years.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Honda Has Lost It <Strong Opinion Warning!>

I can't contain my derision for this offensive, patronizing vehicle. Yahoo! is correct.

This car is wantonly overpriced, and its fuel economy is WORSE than many full-on SUVs. Case in point, the Honda CR-V delivers better fuel economy than the Crosstour. And the CR-V offers MORE cargo room, a better field of driving view, and costs EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS LESS than the bloody Croostour. This characteristic comparison holds valid across a broad range of other auto manufacturers, as well.

And no 4-cylinder option? No manual transmission option? ANYTHING to up the disdainful fuel economy of this thing?

Top it off by shockingly heinous styling, and I can't recall ever feeling my sense of logical intellect being so violated by an automobile manufacturer. Like I, or anyone else who shares the auspices of prudent practicality in a car, isn't going to notice the Crosstours real worth?

I'm a fierce proponent of hatchbacks-- I feel they're the ultimate vehicle that gives you the best of all vehicle types. I drive one that, despite its age, I'm continually amazed by in terms of what you can haul in such a car. So I can't fully relay how pleased I was when I heard that Honda was going to finally bring back a hatchback to their lineup, and I waited with baited breath every day for its arrival. But Honda blew it. And now that which I can't fully relay is how disappointed I am at Honda for what they've done.

Just so Honda might grasp a clue, a hatchback is supposed to be about the following characteristics:

1. Cost savings. You want some cargo hauling ability but don't want to pay the price of a bonafide SUV or pickup truck.
2. Fuel economy. The real benefit of a hatchback is its ability to haul things while retaining the fuel economy merits of a car.
3. Safety. A hatchback should afford clean, clear views out of the car while driving, compared to the well known drawbacks of an SUV, which commonly doesn't afford you this important safety characteristic. A hatchback also handles far better than an SUV, and isn't prone toward tendencies to, you know, ROLL OVER.

The Crosstour is well built, and it handles admirably, but that's the limit of its worth. For what you DON'T get, the price cannot be justified.

So mark these words, and be thankful: This is to be a short-lived production car. That can be our only solace. As in, why would anyone in their right mind pay more for a vehicle that gives you less hauling capacity than other types of cars that cost THOUSANDS less while yet delivering BETTER fuel economy? The answer is, in the masses, they wouldn't. Hence, Crosstour emerges as a resounding failure. Count on it.

...And I waited over a year for Honda to deliver on a type of body design that holds SO much superb capability-- That which I've spent years trying to promote. For this. :headbash:

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,261 Posts
But CR-V is a 4-cylinder. Can't compare MPG and price with crosstour. A better comparison would be a Toyota Venza.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Do you all think it's gonna be another "Accord hybrid" story?
And I was always wondering WHY Honda does not offer V6 CR-V unlike Toyota's RAV4?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
When I saw that article yesterday, I was going to post this forum too. I want to see the Cross tour with MDX 20's and lowered.

·
Registered
37 Posts
^^^thats what i have planned for mine except the 20" MDX rims dont fit,(bolt pattern too big) im getting the RDX accesory 19" rims maybe this summer. someone bought the CT i wanted Black on Black w/ Navi, so i have to wait another 6 weeks or so :(

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i do like their leather shifter

·
Registered
229 Posts
An Eight Thousand Dollar V6?

But CR-V is a 4-cylinder. Can't compare MPG and price with crosstour. A better comparison would be a Toyota Venza.
I grant your valid point. But a 6-cylinder engine isn't worth eight thousand dollars...

I remain quite insulted by Honda's configuration of what should have been a most promising vehicle.

I wish this model a swift, grim death.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I grant your valid point. But a 6-cylinder engine isn't worth eight thousand dollars...

I remain quite insulted by Honda's configuration of what should have been a most promising vehicle.

I wish this model a swift, grim death.
Ditto

·
Just another old guy ....
1,269 Posts
nothing is as ugly as the aztec gm came out years ago. I kinda like the crosstour but not for the price.

I agree. But Honda would have faired much better if the would of just made an Accord Hatchback or Wagon.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Exactly! The Crosstour was a sloppy solution to the category that Venza created. I think that when Honda realized they had nothing in the fleet to compete with it they started working on the Crosstour.

The irony is that with all the touble that Toyota is in right now, the Crosstour might have a chance to compete with the Venza.

FYI This was right before Toyota's massive recalls

1 - 20 of 124 Posts