Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I found a set of Maxima 18's pretty cheap and decided to see if I could make them work. At first, I hated them. But they are kinda growing on me. 245-45-18's are definitely rubbing in the rear but I think 225-45 or 225-40-18 will be pretty close to doing the trick. What do you think? Kinda makes me think, Accord S.S. LOL.

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,166 Posts
Looks fine to me, take care of the rubbing problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rubbing problem will be cured by 225's I do believe. I took them back off last night so that I didn't destroy the rear quarters. I'm not huge on the chrome either. I prefer the painted OEM wheels but I couldn't find any local in my criteria.

@ sapphireblue, it drives way better than I expected. Less acceleration as they are heavier, but aside from that, and a slight vibration (suspect tire balance issue) they drive very acceptably.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
This is as close to a "donked" Accord as I've ever seen ...

Not my style, but to make them really work you'll want to roll those back fenders and stretch out some 225's as suggested above. You might want to think about a slight drop too, it seems like the nose of your car is pointing up ?

·
I <3 My Honda
3,916 Posts
Perhaps if you could find Honda center caps that fit and dipped them another color (chrome, IMHO, doesn't look good on Accords. Too "flashy.")

One question I have though...why is your rear so low when your front is still at OEM height? The OEM stance is 27" front / 27.5" rear (from the ground up to the fender). I'd highly suggest evening it out lol Also, rolling the rear fenders should solve your rubbing issue - you may need to remount the mounting tab located in the rear wheel well where the RQP and bumper meet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts