Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have yellow HID setup for their fog lights? If so, please post pictures and the make/brand of the kit.

thanks.

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
Does anyone have yellow HID setup for their fog lights? If so, please post pictures and the make/brand of the kit.

thanks.
Don't have any pictures, but I have DDM 3000K 35W HIDs in my fogs.

·
Super Moderator
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you tell me if you see a vast difference in light output compared to halogen H11 bulbs?

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
Is there any risk of melting the housing with throwing in HIDs, 35 watt 3000k kit into eBay fog light housings ?

Sorry for thread jacking haha.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is definitely an increase in light out put but you won't be able to tell much from behind the wheel. And no there is no risk of melting your housings with 35W HIDs plenty of people as well as myself have been running this setup for awhile.
Just don't push your luck with a 55W kit. If you want output I hope to be doing a ES300 retro on a set of fogs soon. Something like what LFSoccer2k6 did but I will be building it a little different with hopefully a better output :)

·
Super Moderator
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking for function here, not looks, so I don't need any fancy retro solution. 3000K HID is exactly what I'm looking for. Now if you guys can just tell me the brands you are running, that'd be great. Need a picture also looking from the side or from inside the car.

Thanks.

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
I'm not runnin fogs, but I got my HIDs from VVME.com, $58 shipped, plug and play. Had em for over a year and no problems yet.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'm not runnin fogs, but I got my HIDs from VVME.com, $58 shipped, plug and play. Had em for over a year and no problems yet.
Same here, but I got the slim ones from VVME on ebay last november for $45 for my headlights.
My fogs are yellow film over yellow lens and is about to get 5000k hids behind it.

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
I'm looking for function here, not looks, so I don't need any fancy retro solution. 3000K HID is exactly what I'm looking for. Now if you guys can just tell me the brands you are running, that'd be great. Need a picture also looking from the side or from inside the car.

Thanks.
If you want function, then stick with halogens. Nokya Hyper Yellow or Hoen Endurance Yellow Fogs will do the trick. From what I've picked up, HIDs will just reflect back at you in bad weather situations where you would use fog lights and halogens will be able to cut through it more easily.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
no problem running 4300k 35W HIDs on my ebay fogs here either.

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
Is there any risk of melting the housing with throwing in HIDs, 35 watt 3000k kit into eBay fog light housings ?

Sorry for thread jacking haha.
No. 35W HIDs put out less heat than conventional halogens.

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
Can you tell me if you see a vast difference in light output compared to halogen H11 bulbs?
Yes. There is a significant difference between the Nokya bulbs that I had before the HIDs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here is mine with 35w 3000k bulbs with yellow lens

·
Registered
268 Posts
Do you guys just like the yellow fog light look or is it actually better for fog lights or something, I always see yellow fogs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
doesn't HID will blind other people?
that's the only reason i am getting nokya hyper yellow
I wouldn't go all the way to hid unless i get retrofit fog-light.
i mean i am pissed at those trucks got hid with no projector headlight.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i dont think there will be much of glare problems for fogs. they are low to the floor. i mean there are still going to be some glare but wont be anything too serious like cars with HIDs in reflectors or people driving with their high beams on all the time...

·
Super Moderator
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I noticed is that the ebay fog light housing ****ed with no sharp cutoff. Since my ebay fog light housings fell apart, I went for OEM and noticed the sharp cutoff by looking all the way to the left or right. I have the OEM Philips H11 right now and it's not bad but I think 3000k yellow HID would help more. Yellow light puts out the most lumen compared to 4300k of white, and 6000 or 8000 purple. Yes, most fog lights are yellow and there is a good reason for that. Thanks for those who posted pictures.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine dont actually blind people...they are lower so you actually cant see them that high in your rear view or mirrors.

As for the yellow color, I have heard its better for yellow, but I personally just like the yellow look.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have DDM's 55w 5k HID kit with relay harness in my OEM fogs. I'll post some pics if I can later tomorrow once it gets dark. They looks great, and meet up pretty well with where my low beams cutoff at the bottom. They might need just a bit of adjusting, but I plan on doing a retro for the headlights so itll all change anyway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts