Banned
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She hit 100K today....

Born: February 2005; leased by first owner and lived in Long Island, NY
Acquired by me: November 2007 with 35,000 miles; now in Chicagoland, IL

Proof of mileage (or it didn't happen):

Here she is:

Do the maintenance, and drive defensively (as if it were a motorcycle).

A big thank you from me (and from the Accord) to this forum and its members past and present!:thmsup:

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Congrats! I got mine with 82k in April and will be hitting 100k in 600 miles...Hopefully I remember to snap a pic (and I can safely)...

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Congrats on that nice ride, Rick. I'd never seen your car before, I don't think. Reminds me to snap a few of mine. All my years on this forum and I haven't posted a single pic of her.

...Drew...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome to the first 100k club. Bought mine with 98600. Second owner always in one state. Same year as yours and just over 162,500. Bought it on Feb 14th 2011. Gf was so happy with that too....

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Congrats!

This reminds me of my last Accord, an 06 lx sedan, that was really reliable and was still going strong at 98k before it was totaled. :(

That said, 100k is a great start for sure! :thmsup:

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,677 Posts
Congrats Rick. I passed 100k 12k miles ago. She still runs like new. Plan to fix the hit-and-run damage over the holidays.

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all, Gents...

Reminds me....member "DreaminAccord" (Ben) bought his Accord from my town of Skokie, IL. I bought mine in Stockbridge, GA, not too far from you in Atlanta, Drew.

Early this summer I drove my Accord to Atlanta for a cousin's wedding- and stopped by Stockbridge to say hello to the place I bought her from. They told me that it is not unusual for Honda owners to stop back and say hello after a few years (they deal with the selling of leased Hondas and Toyotas). And there is a Waffle House nearby- so life is good.

Funny, but I don't know the color of most of YOUR rides, but I read everyone's posts. The other car in my photo is my 1991 Nissan 240sx, and behind that is a 1990 Mazda Miata (my sister-in-law's ride that I take care of when she and my brother are deployed overseas).

·
I love plastidip
230 Posts
I must have missed when I hit 100k it wasn't that big of a deal to me because I got it at 95k. But I did manage to catch this one day before I left school.

Now I am getting close to 115k due for an oil change.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,614 Posts
rookies.....

y'all need to play with the big boys!!!! only 600ish miles from 200k!!! :banana:

·
2005 Accord EX-L *SSM*
423 Posts
Congrats!
I'm sure I've seen you around now, your RSX rims gave you away. :p
The 240SX are nice cars, my buddy's got wrecked this summer through a hit and run incident because of some reckless truck heading east on Fullerton. Twas a sad day.

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am almost embarrassed to say "100K" when other members are hitting 200K or 300K....

@Chaos: Yeah, I always wonder if I'll run into you at the Marianos Grocery on Elston Ave....I was just there 20 minutes ago, and the car's thermometer read "9 degrees"....ouch!

And I am sorry to hear about your buddy's 240sx- when they are gone they are gone. I enjoy mine to the fullest! My buddy bought it brand new back in 1991- I was his ride to the Nissan dealer on Touhy Ave. A year later he got married and moved to Seattle, and it was his daily driver until November 2010 when he gave it to me....That was one of the best cross country road trips I ever took....So easy to drive, and maintain....no electronics, no ABS brakes, no air bags, and NO RUST- just old school fun.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Congrats, Rick. What a beautiful ride you have.

Mine--1998 Honda Accord EX 4cyl: 170,000 miles. Still gets 33-35 mpg highway and drives great. I'm shooting for 300,000 miles like my dad's 2001 Honda, same model, which he bought new. Unfortunately for me I now only put on about 9,000 miles a year on my car. I will post a live halogram of my odometer in 2028, so please check back then. In the meantime, take care of them great wheels of yours!

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats, Rick. What a beautiful ride you have.

Mine--1998 Honda Accord EX 4cyl: 170,000 miles. Still gets 33-35 mpg highway and drives great. I'm shooting for 300,000 miles like my dad's 2001 Honda, same model, which he bought new. Unfortunately for me I now only put on about 9,000 miles a year on my car. I will post a live halogram of my odometer in 2028, so please check back then. In the meantime, take care of them great wheels of yours!
Thank you, Smurf! Our family has a 1995 Honda Accord EX 4 cylinder with 145,000 miles- and it too is running strong. And lol, I will be checking in on you before 2028- but if you still own her in 2028, you will probably have it in a car show.

As for the RSX wheels, I get a lot of respect from the local neighborhood toughs because of those wheels.:thumbsup:

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
My '04 is somewhere between 180 and 185k. Bought it in September '10 with 105k on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts