Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Your Next Automobile - Honda or Something Else?

• Staying with Honda..

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Going elsewhere (another company completely)

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • Other (won't be using a car anymore, public transportation, motorcycle, etc..)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,323 Posts
I like the Accord, and it does OK in the snow with a set of snow tires on it. But, I want something better for the winter. I want something that sits up, 4WD or a decent AWD system and some ground clearance.

Looking around, at this point, I'd like to get a Toyota 4Runner. Also would like to have something that can pull 2-3k pounds worth of a popup.

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,166 Posts
Unless the new Ridgeline wows me I'm going to a pickup...

My wife may be down for something Honda though, she does favor Hyundai since her family has had so many with zero issues.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Since I just got my Accord and keep my cars for a long time, I don't have anything on the immediate horizon. My wife currently drive an Odyssey. When our youngest is old enough and the older kids are gone, she wants to go to a Pilot. She really likes Hondas (this is her 3rd...previous Odyssey and an Accord) and wants to stick with something that sits up, but is less of a mommy mobile. I think we will have at least one Honda in the stable for some time to come.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got my 8th Gen V6 Coupe but if I still like the coupe style after this one I'd look at an A5. If I want the back doors again I'd look into a TLX or an A6. It all really depends on what I need in a car.

·
2007 Accord Coupe EX I4
554 Posts
I'll be looking for either a 2015 6-6 coupe or a Focus ST. With the new baby here and possibly a new house in the close future, I might need a hatch! Not losing the stick either way though.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Next Car purchase

I'm sure its been a thread dozens of times but hey Im bored at work.

What do you think your next car purchase will be?

My wife's car is on the way out and I can for see a new car in a years time. Im thinking about going w/ the new Honda Ridgeline and giving her the accord b/c it looks freaking sweet and it seems they really made some dramatic improvements. Although I'd probably have to consider a lease..:/

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I won't be getting rid of the Accord for a while (it's my first car). But it's always fun to think about it. I will probably go with something German, maybe a VW Golf or Mini Cooper. I want something different for my next car.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I won't be getting rid of the Accord for a while (it's my first car). But it's always fun to think about it. I will probably go with something German, maybe a VW Golf or Mini Cooper. I want something different for my next car.
I can respect that although w/ all the issues in reliability VW has had I personally am going to stay clear of them. The mini seems like a fun little car.

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,185 Posts
I can respect that although w/ all the issues in reliability VW has had I personally am going to stay clear of them. The mini seems like a fun little car.
Yeah.... Typically VW drivers come to our side after putting up with reliability issues not the other way around! But to each their own on that I guess!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Agreed about the reliability. It's definitely a concern, but it doesn't change the fact that I've always liked the cars, and if I do end up getting one, it probably won't be a long-term vehicle like my current Honda. Who knows. I've also been looking at the Mazda3 and Ford Focus hatchbacks.

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,185 Posts
Agreed about the reliability. It's definitely a concern, but it doesn't change the fact that I've always liked the cars, and if I do end up getting one, it probably won't be a long-term vehicle like my current Honda. Who knows. I've also been looking at the Mazda3 and Ford Focus hatchbacks.
I think Mazda is doing great things. The new 6 looks sweet.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ever since Mazda has left their partnership with Ford I've been very impressed with their new vehicles. That's not to say the older ones aren't good, the newer ones are just better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn’t vote because I honestly don’t know. I’ve only had my 2019 Accord for a couple of Wells. I love it but have no idea how I’ll feel later.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts