Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know which you think would be the best option for me for a exhaust setup. Should I get two MagnaFlow exhaust 14832 and a Lawson Y pipe inlet 2.25 for my 08 Accord Coupe LX-S to give it a dual exhaust look? And for those who have the same setup, can you give me your feedback? Any power loss? Too raspy? Does it sound beast?

My second option is to save up for a greddy SE Elite for the Accord 4 cyl. Right now money is the issue. I'm only 17 and i work a minimum paid job.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wanted to know which you think would be the best option for me for a exhaust setup. Should I get two MagnaFlow exhaust 14832 and a Lawson Y pipe inlet 2.25 for my 08 Accord Coupe LX-S to give it a dual exhaust look? And for those who have the same setup, can you give me your feedback? Any power loss? Too raspy? Does it sound beast?

My second option is to save up for a greddy SE Elite for the Accord 4 cyl. Right now money is the issue. I'm only 17 and i work a minimum paid job.
Greddy hands down. That's what I currently have on my V6 and I absolutely love it. It definitely gives that similar Infiniti sound, especially if you pair it with a CAI and j-pipe.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Whatever you do I cannot recommend an entire catback enough. Long term you will be happier, and won't keep longing for more. The magnaflow catback is a slightly cheaper alternative to greddy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I got the greddy so elite single muffler on my coupe and I like it.... Not much power increase with the cai

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I got the greddy so elite single muffler on my coupe and I like it.... Not much power increase with the cai
Nor would there be, without a tune... which we currently cannot do. I still fail to understand why people think they're going to gain WHP with a CAI and exhaust in our cars (not geared towards you 4G63, just talking in general). At this point it's all about getting a more aggressive sound.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nor would there be, without a tune... which we currently cannot do. I still fail to understand why people think they're going to gain WHP with a CAI and exhaust in our cars (not geared towards you 4G63, just talking in general). At this point it's all about getting a more aggressive sound.
Even with just Intake and exhaust, there are some HP gain but not much... yes with the eclipse just intake and full exhaust there is power gain and noticeable

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
def go with 2.5 inch piping. it wont sound as good and the airflow wont open too much with stock size piping 2.25. I did all custom on my LX-S but you can get a megan catback for the v6 and have a shop change the flange where it connects to the cat. i have the rv6 pre cat delete and high flow cat. to 2.5 inch piping to a 2.5 y pipe and 2 megan mufflers. heres a quick video. not the best quality but it shows how deep it sounds inside the car. ive heard people who did dual with 2.25 and it didnt sound as aggresive.

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/brasilenoloco89/media/MVI_1866.mp4.html

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
u can just get the coupe catback and have a shop extend it bit since the sedan is longer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts