Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure who is shooting me straight and who is lying.

I have been to multiple dealers inquiring about a 2011 Honda Accord Coupe V6 with a manual transmission. I realize this is a somewhat hard to find model, but come on!

Here is what I have been told.

1) When I asked about getting a 2011 car in blue I was told that Honda was no longer making this car in blue. Your thoughts...

2) When I asked a different dealership about buying a manual transmission I was told that Honda had not started making 2011 manual transmissions yet. Your thoughts...

3) When I told a dealership that I wanted them to order a car from the factory for me that said that Honda only sent out a specific number of cars to dealerships and that it was IMPOSSIBLE for them to order a car. Any truth to this? Seems like Honda would be OK with orders to get what you want. Very odd. I was very clear that I was willing to wait months for delivery.

4) Another dealership noted that dealer trade was the only way to get the vehicle I wanted. They said that Honda only made V6s a certain times of the year. Any truth to this?

Thanks for the help in advance!

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
1) Lie. They are still making it in Belize Blue Pearl.

2) Lie again. They have V6 6MT.

3) True. Honda doesn't custom order cars. You will have to find another dealership with the vehicle you want and have it shipped to your dealership. Usually you work this out with them.

4) Not sure about certain times of year. Dealer trade is probably going to be your best bet.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Sounds like they're being quite unhelpful for someone who is willing to shell out a bunch of moolah and wait!

·
2009 v6 Accord Coupe BBP
33 Posts
1) When I asked about getting a 2011 car in blue I was told that Honda was no longer making this car in blue. Your thoughts...
This is a lie.

2) When I asked a different dealership about buying a manual transmission I was told that Honda had not started making 2011 manual transmissions yet. Your thoughts...
This is a lie. Manuals, are however, scarce.

3) When I told a dealership that I wanted them to order a car from the factory for me that said that Honda only sent out a specific number of cars to dealerships and that it was IMPOSSIBLE for them to order a car. Any truth to this? Seems like Honda would be OK with orders to get what you want. Very odd. I was very clear that I was willing to wait months for delivery.
This is a lie. A Honda backed dealership can make direct orders to Honda and Honda will make a vehicle specific for that dealership. Timing can take a month up to 3 months. We did this for 2011 Odyssey Touring Elites.

4) Another dealership noted that dealer trade was the only way to get the vehicle I wanted. They said that Honda only made V6s a certain times of the year. Any truth to this?
This is a lie.
A dealership exchange is when two partnering dealerships trade one car for another. This is usually when a client/customer is VERY hard on to a certain color. If you are looking for a v6 manual, 99% of the time, the dealership they are exchanging with will want a v6 manual back, if you catch my drift. Seeing as they don't even have the car you are looking for, they have no bargaining power with any dealerships.

I work at a Honda dealership, so that's where my information is coming from.

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
1) When I asked about getting a 2011 car in blue I was told that Honda was no longer making this car in blue.
Sounds like a lazy salesman who doesn't want to look for a car - or one who doesn't know his product lines.
2) When I asked a different dealership about buying a manual transmission I was told that Honda had not started making 2011 manual transmissions yet.
Possible. I'm told by my local Honda dealer that the first run of 2011s are all AT since that is the vast majority of sales. He didn't know when MT cars would hit the ground here.
Dealers CAN certainly order you a car based on your choices of configuration and colors - but only within the confines of Honda's packaging. Honda will not make you a "one off" special car with altered option packaging.
I really think this is just a dealer not wanting to wait months for their money. Most commissioned sales staff will do anything to get you in a car NOW.

I don't think I'd call these "scams" but they aren't being totally up front because they want to put you in a car today.

The dealer's job is to sell you a car.

Your job is to go in educated.

·
Banned
294 Posts
I would report them to American Honda.

:thumbsdow
Not really practical is it to try an report to American Honda for the average mature Honda consumer who usually have decent jobs and intact family now is it. And besides, I walked into a major Honda dealer in SW texas area(thing BIG metropolis-type city) and they told me they couldnt even get a simple Civic Si but like once a month on something ridiculous like that. When I persisted with why and he starts asking me why I am not looking at an Accord, I reply because 'I am looking for the best car" and this salesman gives me a blank look like "Clueless" Though, this is standard modus-operandi back in 2005 but no, even in 2011 salesman, atleast the un-ethical ones, easily show their true intentions and somtimes dont even hide how cut-throat they are just to sell a car. This guy was Asian(think cambodian, viet, laos) and looked like the crooked type too. Sideways-ass sales people crack me up because they are like a nerd would be for ladies and it shows rather easily. I wold say run from this dealer cuz they sound crooked like a kango swaggerlimp.

·
2009 v6 Accord Coupe BBP
33 Posts
the dealership is work at goes back in forth for being #1 volume dealership for honda in the state. we keep around 700+ vehicles in our inventory.

we have 2 si's. we had 0 for about a 4-5 months. the day we got one in, it sold, then it backed out due to financing problems. we've had 2 for about a month.

we have 0 accord lx manuals. those come and go within a couple days.
i think we have 2 v6 ex-l manuals.

=/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts