Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
BriGuy5
193 Posts
This is not correct. With the latest iOS 12 update you can most definitely use Waze Google or Apple Maps via Apple CarPlay in your Honda. I’ve done it many times.
You're replying to a comment that is 13 months old, when Google Maps and Waze wasn't available with Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed it on dashboard right behind the tablet with supper strong iOttie Easy One Touch 2.
I just have to warn you on mounting iOttie on your dashboard. I had one on my old car mounted on the dashboard for multiple years. When I decided to take them off and clean them I noticed how it stick so well in the dash that when I removed it there was a permanent ring stain that was left on my dash. You better relocate it to your windshield or find another mount.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I lay may phone face down, flat on the front seat, holstered in its case. I never look at my phone when I'm driving. Never.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Mine gets plugged into Carplay for trips longer than 5 minutes and thrown in the cubby in front of the cupholders. Don't need the phone when using Carplay.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If I am sitting at a red light, and need to start a call, I prefer to use the phone screen, and every now and then music player on the phone goes wonky and I need to close it and start over (not sure if this is the app or the car). With the mount I have (noted above) the iPhone can actually do facial rec from the angle it is at from the cup holder and unlocks, so accessing these at a stop is very easy and I am not trying to hold the phone and press with one hand, it is no different than touching the screen in the car. When I get stopped at a red light close to my house I also use it to disarm my house alarm.

As far as texting down the road, I stopped that well before I got this car and could replay via voice. I couldn't care less about emails while I am driving.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have mine mounted with a magnetic clip to the air vent by the window, to the left of the steering wheel. I have three cable holders that direct the power/data cable from the USB over the steering wheel to the phone. Doesn't block any controls or view to the console, and works great for me over there.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Mine is mounted in my pocket. It doesn't come out when I'm driving. It's connected to the hands-free bluetooth app in the car. I don't text while driving.

- Jack

·
Registered
871 Posts
Mine is mounted in my pocket. It doesn't come out when I'm driving. It's connected to the hands-free bluetooth app in the car. I don't text while driving.

- Jack
Mine sits in the cubby plugged in for use via CarPlay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wonder how you mount you phone on your Accord. I can't seem to find a good place/surface to mount the phone. What type of of mount and where do yo mount it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use a magnetic mount that is suction cupped to the bottom left of the windshield. I also use a 3 ft braided charging cable that I drape over the back of the steering wheel. Keeps the cable out of the way.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Belkin car cup holder mount. Not perfect, comes loose every once in a while. Nice thing is running a short (0.5 m) cable from the armrest USB port to the phone. Very low clutter. I've been trying to find the "right size" PVC pipe to put in the cup holder and for this to slip into - would improve the steadfastness I think.

It holds in place with 3 retractable push outs which are controlled by a ring around the edge. But since the front cup holder has a void towards the rear, it's hard to get an optimal fit.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've got a magnetic phone holder that I put on the center console. It works well

·
Registered
758 Posts
For me it’s all about the one-handed mount operation. I want to be able to place the phone in the mount with one hand and forget about it. I picked up a $10 desk dock and placed it in the extra drink holder and use that 90% of the time when I’m the only one in the car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use the ProClip mount that is designed for the 10th Gen accords. I use the one that mounts on the passenger side air vent. It works perfectly and doesn't damage the car. It's higher $$ than nearly everything else, but it works better than everything else.

·
Avid "Accord-ist"
2020 Accord EX-L 2.0T
10 Posts
I use the Weathertech Cup Mount. Very nice and works perfectly (for me), but not exactly a bargain. In the photos note that this setup allows the console "door" to remain closed when the phone is plugged in. I removed some trim on the right side to drill a small hole to lead the wires so that the door can close. Note also that there are 3 gadgets plugged in yet the door still closes as designed.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts