Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
What do you want to see in the 11th Gen that is
missing or you don't like in the 10th Gen?
Something that sets it apart, visually, from the '23 Civic!!

Since model year 2018, the only way, for me, to distinguish four of the most popular members of the sedan segment is to have each pair alongside each other - Accord next to Civic, and Sonata next to Elantra.

This is getting ridiculous!

(I guess this is what getting older means - all the cars start to look alike!)

a CD player first and foremost,
You read my mind, and I agree!

I'll add: banning those stupid tablets from dashboards! Yeahehh!

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
I have to say the 2.0T is a pretty good substitute for the V6. I've no complaints that the 6-cyl disappeared in this gen.

Fix the passenger seat. Have at least one trim where the manual transmission is an option (maybe an enthusiast model with the bigger engine). Add more soundproofing. Otherwise, just simple evolution is all that's needed. The 10th-gen is definitely the best Accord yet as far as I'm concerned; it doesn't need major remaking.
I've aged enough to know that the newest or latest of something - a car, a stove, a mobile phone, whatever - is not always the best

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
Actually, if they can still offer all of the stuff that a Touring has and that 3.5t V6 all for $40,000, I can imagine that it will be a very hot seller. Don't forget we're talking about MSRP here. Also think about it, Accord Touring as in its current state is 3,400 lbs. vs. the Type S' weight of 4,200 lbs. That's 800 lbs of difference! Adding that 3.5t V6, let's say it weighs an additional 300 lbs, that still makes the Accord 500lbs lighter. If the Type-S does 0-60 in. 4.7-4.9s, we can reasonably assume that the Accord will then probably be able to do it in less than 4.5s, assuming it can put all that power down without issue, of course. Then, for 12k difference, all you're looking at is really the ELS Sound System, the SH-AWD system, better sound insulation, better brakes and better chassis design and the Acura badge less HUD and a touchscreen infotainment (you have the true touch or whatever it's called in the TLX). Sure, that might be worth it for a buyer looking for a serene, luxury ride, but for most buyers, the difference listed most likely won't be worth it considering most probably won't push the car to near its limits anyways. So my guess is, it likely won't happen, but for a very different reason: taking sales away from Type S.

That is true and is another reason why it likely won't happen. Personally, I think it also depends on sales of the Type S at $52-53k in the next year or so. If it flops big time, IMO things will get very interesting for the next Accord. If it does very well, then it won't ever happen because they will make as many Type S as they can sell. The Accord might still be awesome, but just without major change in its powertrains.... except for an EV. I will be shocked if there's no PHEV Accord in the next gen either way.
So for 2021 going forward, with all the best trim levels eliminated, which Accords will moonroofs be available on?

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
Honda needs to start including
panoramic sunroofs in their lineup...
I'm grateful for my humble moonroof! I predicted in 2018 that by model year 2025, everything except large contractor vans(Transit, Ram) will have a moonroof standard. Higher manufacturing economies of scale that way, just like 20-25 years ago air conditioning became standard in all cars.

We'll see how my prediction bears out

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but just like you were wrong
about standard air conditioning, you'll be wrong about
standard moonroof
Even the vehicles you listed represent about 10 percent of all cars on the road in 2021.

As for moonroofs, sunroofs, and panoramics, I can just look out my window at home or out in the parking lot at work, and get my answer.

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
So, they're nice, but I could do without them.
Becoming a standard feature would not draw me to
any particular model, be that an Accord or anything
else.
Well, there is enough demand for them, in the States at least, to make 'regular' moonroofs a standard template. Perhaps a moonroof closing button could be included on future key fobs, so rain is no worry. Plus, moonroofs are another option for emergency egress.

One country, where the sun/moon roof situation is entirely opposite that of North America, is the Philippines. You'd think in a sunny equatorial place like that, they'd be more in demand. Alas, I observed the opposite: In America, 4/5 cars - sedans and SUVs at least, have one, where as in Philippines, 4/5 vehicles do not.

Per a phone call to Toyota customer care in 2018, I was informed that they don't equip any of their models for the Philippines with a rooftop opening. Perhaps that situation is changing though

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
I actually couldn't care less if my vehicles had moon-roofs or not.
The only times I use them is to leave them open while the car is
otherwise closed and locked on a warm day in the sun, and on
the rare day when the temp is just right and I'm going city-street
speed on a shady street. I much prefer to be in the shade looking
out onto a sunny day. No skin exposure to the sun for me. Although
I've never had a problem with a moon-roof I wouldn't miss the
possibilities mentioned above and the extra cost.
Then perhaps some of the other drivers around me aren't in the cars they're driving for the moonroof, but for other items bundled with it at the trim level they elected to buy. The previous owner of my 2010 EX Accord might have been eying the 6-CD changer in it, vs. the single-disc in the LX trim.

For me, a moonroof is tied, priorority-wise, with handling and a CD player & aux jack in any car I plan to have for at least five years

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
Most of my cars have had moonroofs, but summers here are way too
hot to wanna use them. And a panorama one, no thanks. Adds a lot of
weight, maybe creaks and complication, cost, and too much heat and sun.
Not a sun worshipper anymore.
As far as future Accords. I'm a little afraid of the Mustang effect, turning
previously popular nameplates into SUVs. (EV option would be ok.)
Not a fan of paronamas myself. But if you want to avoid heat & glare, that's why there's a shade.

A Cross Tour revival wouldn't be too bad.

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
Rather than start still another thread dealing with
the issue of when the 11th edition of the Accord
is likely to appear, I thought I'd ask here.
But this thread is three years old!…

Psych! 😆😆 Kidding!

You did the right thing, you and I think alike! Why have ten threads per topic eating up excessive server space?

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
I think I mentioned it earlier- but one weird feature that I hope that the next
Accord gets is a reminder to close the moonroof after the car is shut off. I
can't count the times that I've shut the car off, gotten out, and started to
walk away- only to find the I forgot that I had the moonroof tilted open. Once
the weather gets warm- I bet it's at least once or twice per month that I
have to take the physical key out of the key fob and insert it into the door
lock to close the moonroof before walking away.

My 2007 Camry displays a warning message in the gauge cluster that reminds
me that the sunroof is open when the car is shut off. Given the fact that the car
keeps the moonroof powered for like 30 seconds after you shut the car off- it's a
nice little feature to remind me that I left the moonroof tilted open- and allows me
to close it before getting out of the car.
Interestingly...

In late 2008 I purchased a Kia Optima LX and had an aftermarket moonroof - Webasto brand - installed. Guess what: the only way to keep it open and walk away was to leave the key in the ignition, On position.

That's right. That aftermarket moonroof was programmed to close itself once the car was turned off and key removed. So for me, the most forgetful bastard on the planet, I never had to worry about mother nature transforming my car interior into a swimming pool!

Perhaps such a setting could be programmed into the infotainment screen > Car settings page, and the consumer could control moonroof behavior thusly

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
If history is anything to go by, adjusting for pandemic supply-chain chaos, sometime in the late summer or early fall we should see the 2023 model. 2021 MMC was the smallest one ever so I'm guessing 11th Gen will not be a huge departure from the 10th Gen.
“MMC”?

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
Panoramic sunroof already exist on the 10th
gen, just not in North America.
Not that I would miss it - a conventional moonroof will satisfy me - but it underscores how the U.S./North America often get the short shaft/dumbed down version of products from points East and Far East

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
According to Motor Trend and they think the front looks like a larger Civic:

It was already difficult for me to tell a 2019 Accord from the same model year Civic. With model year 2023, the only way to distinguish them will be if they are seen aside each other! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Gosh I miss the ‘50s-‘60s, when you could actually tell makes and models from each other…

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
The "front center volume" is easily adjusted, at
least on the 2.0 Touring. Can't speak to lower-end
models.
The exl and touring have the same audio. Care
to explain how you adjusted it?
Put the blue dot in the center and move it towards
the rear. Everything is relative; if volume gets shifted
to the rear, it will get attenuated in front.
I hate to break it to you, but that does nothing
to adjust the front center speaker volume.
On page 272 of the 2021(and thereabouts) Accord owners manual, it explains what audio playback adjustments are available.

Included there is something called DTS “Neural Surround”(depending on trim level). I suspect that the center dash speaker(again, on Neural equipped Accords) is active only when Neural Surround is turned on. And the only ‘adjustment’ I see for it is On/Off.

You might want to check if there is a supplemental manual just for audio/info tainment systems on these model years, for more detailed operating & adjustment.

If the center channel seems too loud for some, yes, you could use the Fader function to move the apparent location of the audio rearward or forward as preferred, but, to ultimately disable center speaker, I would just turn the Surround off, enabling Stereo-only(L/R) mode.

This is, afterall, a car, and not a home theatre, and so individual adjustment - for surround or center levels - might not be available.

Here is the owners manual for 2021 Honda Accord(but it may be useful also for 2020 and 22s): Infotainment begins around p260

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
Okay guys. The center dash speaker is ALWAYS active. Unfortunately its volume is NOT separately adjustable. This results in a front center-centric effect which diminishes the stereo system sound quality of all music played through the system. Whether Honda considered this is up for discussion. Any system with a three speaker front configuration NEEDS a separate volume level control for the center channel.

Your “fader” control merely changes the relative volume between front/back and left/right. There is NO adjustment for the front center speaker. PERIOD.

This is the first car I’ve had that did not have that capability. It’s even available on my 2011 TSX as a separate level control.
Well I suppose someone out there will be able to disconnect the wire to that center speaker as they did with Active Noise Cancellation(ANC). My only concern will be possible loss of center dialogue/vocals on such systems

·
2010 2.4EX
1,025 Posts
the rear passenger doors in THIS car should
each have a mid/woofer and tweeter, NOT the
rear deck.
I beg to differ on that point:

I grew up in cars with rear deck/“hat shelf” speakers, and drove a few.

My wife’s Corolla and my Accord have rear deck speakers, and trust me, that rear shelf allows for a wider range of speaker sizes to be mounted back there, vs the lower cavity of a door. Our ears are not located on our legs, so why have speakers positioned down by them? 😆

1 - 20 of 35 Posts