Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1661 - 1680 of 1688 Posts

·
Newb-ish
34 Posts
Any information on the minimum drop with each of those options? Looking for a smaller drop, but using coilovers instead of springs.

Sorry for the delay!! I'm not 100% sure. I would venture to say at least a 1/2" drop fully adjusted upwards. Truhart advertises that on their shocks, I know that. I would think that would probably be the standard but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Keyless-Wonder
554 Posts
I haven't looked in a while....for obvious reasons...LOL...but, I'm sure there's tons of choices. I have Tein SAs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I can only speak on behalf of the Teins since that is what I got just recently. The ride is perfect and the drop depending on how low or high you want it depend son what you set it. I think people like other brands because they are a true coilovers set as opposed to teins. But unless you are a track racer, or need to slam it for shows, you don't need all that. For my daily driver and lowered and comfortable look and ride, I was happy I went with the teins. Just note there is the new Z line which are designed tad different and made in China factory as opposed to the regular street advance that are made in Japan. The z are a bit cheaper too, but I went with the original ones. Also, you def want a camber kit so you can have some flexibility on adjustments after you lower it and align it.
Hey man, hope you see this but I saw you got H&R Springs then a couple months later posted you got the Tein coilovers. Why? Did the springs alone give you issues?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Eibach Pro-Kit rear springs question

Hello guys, I've seen the Eibach Pro-Kit rear springs in person. It looks like this. I noticed the rear springs are rather tightly wounded at the end. Is the tightly wounded part the top or the bottom? And why are they so tightly wounded? It looks like that part of the spring will clank together with a slight bump. Can owners confirm if this will be an issue? Are other brand of springs that tightly wounded in the rear also?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hello guys, I've seen the Eibach Pro-Kit rear springs in person. It looks like this. I noticed the rear springs are rather tightly wounded at the end. Is the tightly wounded part the top or the bottom? And why are they so tightly wounded? It looks like that part of the spring will clank together with a slight bump. Can owners confirm if this will be an issue? Are other brand of springs that tightly wounded in the rear also?
That's progressive springs for ya. In my previous cars, I'd have the tightly wounded ends usually set at the bottom right on top of the spring perch adjustments. Yet again, that is me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lowering Kits (Springs and Struts) for Coupe

I have been doing a lot of research into possible options for lowering a 2016 accord coupe, all of which have led to dead ends. Is the car too new or something? I like the HFP option the best right now (except for price). 1" is a good drop for me but if a reputable company makes BOTH lowering springs and struts for less than OEM parts, I would consider it. Has anyone tried anything of this nature? I cannot find any sport struts for the coupe version.Plenty of lowering springs but I do not want to put those on stock struts.

If you have pictures of your car with the HFP or any other lowering routes, please post pictures. Also any pricing info for parts and install is much appreciated. Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
I have been doing a lot of research into possible options for lowering a 2016 accord coupe, all of which have led to dead ends. Is the car too new or something? I like the HFP option the best right now (except for price). 1" is a good drop for me but if a reputable company makes BOTH lowering springs and struts for less than OEM parts, I would consider it. Has anyone tried anything of this nature? I cannot find any sport struts for the coupe version.Plenty of lowering springs but I do not want to put those on stock struts.

If you have pictures of your car with the HFP or any other lowering routes, please post pictures. Also any pricing info for parts and install is much appreciated. Thank you!!
You COULD do a little searching on the site you know.

Here's an older thread with some photos of my '15 with HFP: https://www.driveaccord.net/forums/202-photo-gallery/474058-two-years-ago.html

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,549 Posts

Your research clearly didn't include reading this thread.

·
Registered
725 Posts

The HFP kit is expensive. You can make things simple and cost effective by installing just the eibach pro kit. It lowers the car an inch and will work with factory struts and without an additional camber kit as said by eibach on their website. If you want more of a drop then those additional parts mentioned are recommended. Me and a few members here have chosen this route.

The eibach pro kit 4090.140 can be purchased online for about $230-$250. I paid $188 with a 20% off everything ebay sale. Paid $150 for installation from my mechanic. A fair price for installation will be $200-$250. Remember to get a quality 4 wheel alignment after a day or two to let the springs settle upon installation.

·
Registered
66 Posts

I have friends that installed the HFP option, they're not satisfied with the amount they paid for a minimal drop. I myself went with a company called AMR Engineering, they've been custom building coilovers for the past decade. I paired the coilovers with Japanese made Swift Springs, this costs more than the HFP suspension.
I have lowered the car about 2" all around and really enjoy the superior ride quality of a proper adjustable coilover kit. I can have it on full soft and it would be much softer than the stock suspension, or full hard where it would rip out my spine. It is pricey, but well worth it for what you are getting. I paid about $350 for installation in the bay area, if you're interested you can google the website.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
The HFP kit is expensive. You can make things simple and cost effective by installing just the eibach pro kit. It lowers the car an inch and will work with factory struts and without an additional camber kit as said by eibach on their website. If you want more of a drop then those additional parts mentioned are recommended. Me and a few members here have chosen this route.

The eibach pro kit 4090.140 can be purchased online for about $230-$250. I paid $188 with a 20% off everything ebay sale. Paid $150 for installation from my mechanic. A fair price for installation will be $200-$250. Remember to get a quality 4 wheel alignment after a day or two to let the springs settle upon installation.
Thanks that was the information I was looking for. How many miles have you put on these springs with OEM shocks?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've had the pro kit installed for 11 months and 9,700 miles without any issues. No clunking or squeaking noises over speed bumps. Ride quality a little stiffer compared to stock but feels comfortable.

The correct part number for your car is eibach pro kit E 10-40-034-02-22. This fits the chassis and engine weight for the 2016 coupe with the I4. The 1090.140 is for the sedan I4 although websites will say this can fit the coupe on their description. Called eibach and confirmed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've had the pro kit installed for 11 months and 9,700 miles without any issues. No clunking or squeaking noises over speed bumps. Ride quality a little stiffer compared to stock but feels comfortable.

The correct part number for your car is eibach pro kit E 10-40-034-02-22. This fits the chassis and engine weight for the 2016 coupe with the I4. The 1090.140 is for the sedan I4 although websites will say this can fit the coupe on their description. Called eibach and confirmed.
I am actually going with the V6 auto, but I am sure they have springs for that car too. Thank you!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am actually going with the V6 auto, but I am sure they have springs for that car too. Thank you!
Excellent! Come back to this thread and update us which route you chose. Which springs/coil over brand and some pics. Didn't know you had the V6.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Excellent! Come back to this thread and update us which route you chose. Which springs/coil over brand and some pics. Didn't know you had the V6.
I won't be buying a new car until later this summer but the Touring is looking like my best option (coming from wanting an RC350)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2017 EX-L V6, with fixed dampers. (Only the Touring had the adaptive dampers).

My question: is it possible to install the adaptive dampers on the EX-L V6?

And if so... has anyone done this, and is it even worth it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 2017 EX-L V6, with fixed dampers. (Only the Touring had the adaptive dampers).

My question: is it possible to install the adaptive dampers on the EX-L V6?

And if so... has anyone done this, and is it even worth it?
The 2017 Touring does not have adaptive dampers. It has the Amplitude Reactive Dampers which is a passive system that works on its own.
Adaptive dampers are only available on 2018 Accord Touring and beyond, this is an active system where you press a button and the valving changes.

"With the Amplitude Reactive Dampers, by adding a second spring floating valve above a conventional main piston valve, the Accord Touring maintains it's very flat and stable body control while offering a suppler and well damped ride quality. For example, while driving on rough surfaces, the application of short-stroke damper movement allows the main piston valve absorb the small vibrations for a comfortable ride. However during hard cornering both the main and second piston valves move that create a much larger damping force for better driving dynamics." -Honda

Haha, I own a 2016 Touring coupe and those adaptive dampers weren't magic 😂. I tossed them in the trash when a corner failed at 60K miles. Dealership wanted $2000 for 2 front replacements, I instead bought a proper coilover system.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm still on the fence about just lowering springs vs coilovers, I want to drop the car a little bit (no more than an inch) and I would like it to feel stiffer but not so much that it kills my butt... A lot of coilovers I see seem to have a minimum drop of ~1.5 inches which is too much for me - are there decent coilovers out there that are fully adjustable, and allow for a smaller minimum drop that will work with the sedan?

On the other hand, paying that much for "just" a ~1 inch drop is... not very smart, but I'm still considering it.

1661 - 1680 of 1688 Posts