Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

321 - 338 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
TSX IM on its way!

So this is the intake manifold I ordered off EBay. Only $95 w/free shipping!
Can anyone's confirm that this is the right intake? I've seen this stamp say a couple different things on different intakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thinking About Doing This Swap

I drive the 2007 Accord, and I am a bit curious as to what the "attached resonator box" (aka chamber assembly) actually does?

·
port & polish everything
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
port & polish everything
1,559 Posts
I am just guessing at this point, but I suspect it might still help. The TSX manifold still has a bigger plenum, whereas the stock K24A8 plenum still seems small. The torque increasing resonator chamber seems targeted for a specific RPM range for midrange improvement.

Additionally for the 06-07 K24A8 you should use the 06+ TSX IM and the larger throttle body that comes with it. However this might drive the need to replace the intake since I am not sure if the stock snorkel will fit the larger TSX TB.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am just guessing at this point, but I suspect it might still help. The TSX manifold still has a bigger plenum, whereas the stock K24A8 plenum still seems small. The torque increasing resonator chamber seems targeted for a specific RPM range for midrange improvement.

Additionally for the 06-07 K24A8 you should use the 06+ TSX IM and the larger throttle body that comes with it. However this might drive the need to replace the intake since I am not sure if the stock snorkel will fit the larger TSX TB.
Interesting. Gonna do the swap soon, I'll let you know if I "feel" a difference...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did the swap!

Well after 8 years and 130k miles, my starter went out...so since I would have to remove the IM anyways, I decided to replace the starter and do the swap.

With the new manifold, be it placebo or not, I feel a difference. There's an increase in acceleration and throttle response--well worth it.

On a side note, I'm sure most of you know this, but Autozone gives a lifetime warranty with their starters!

·
Registered
112 Posts
hi do we have the part numbers for these TSX manifolds?

the larger TB one and the 'regular' one

·
port & polish everything
1,559 Posts
The part numbers can be pulled from an online catalog such as acuraautomotiveparts.org

The early one (~2004 TSX) is suitable for the cable linkage accords (03-05) and later (~2006) is suitable for electronic throttle accords (06-07).

Here you go, but you should always double check other people's work;

2006 TSX IM
17110-RBB-A00

2004 TSX IM
17110-RBB-000

·
Registered
242 Posts
does anyone know if it would be a good idea to use the lower tsx intake manifold?
it would fit since it's the same unit as the intake manifold. but i heard someone here tried it and it threw an engine code and he ended up put the accord lower part back in to get rid off the code.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
does anyone know if it would be a good idea to use the lower tsx intake manifold?
it would fit since it's the same unit as the intake manifold. but i heard someone here tried it and it threw an engine code and he ended up put the accord lower part back in to get rid off the code.
DO NOT use the TSX injector base !!! Get a spare Accord version for your year and port it to match the TSX intake manifold. Experience talking ...

·
Banned
178 Posts
Planning on doing this mod. Found a 2006 tsx manifold plus throttle body about $80 shipped. I want the throttle body attached to the tsx manifold, because I don’t want to go through the trouble of removing the accord throttle body and scraping old gasket and cleaning mating surfaces, etc. Also, since the tsx throttle body is 4mm larger than the accord’s I’m planning on getting a CAI that fits the tsx. Looking at pictures the tsx and accord intakes seem to be routed the same way. The one question I have is, which intake manifold gasket should I use? The 2006 tsx or the 2007 accord?

It’s a 2007 accord 2.4L 5MT Sedan

·
7th Gear
1,531 Posts
Planning on doing this mod. Found a 2006 tsx manifold plus throttle body about $80 shipped. I want the throttle body attached to the tsx manifold, because I don’t want to go through the trouble of removing the accord throttle body and scraping old gasket and cleaning mating surfaces, etc. Also, since the tsx throttle body is 4mm larger than the accord’s I’m planning on getting a CAI that fits the tsx. Looking at pictures the tsx and accord intakes seem to be routed the same way. The one question I have is, which intake manifold gasket should I use? The 2006 tsx or the 2007 accord?

I used the Acura gasket, only because it was easier to get from my friend who worked there before I started.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
That member was @povy if I remember correctly ... his experience was exactly why I port and polished a spare Accord unit.

I port matched using the TSX gasket's as reference ... the gasket between the TSX intake manifold and Accord injector base, and then used the TSX gasket between the injector base and the head. *the gaskets may be the same part number ?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
Did you also port match the head?
I port matched the injector base to the head yes.

So for clarity, I used the TSX intake manifold gasket to port match both the intake manifold and injector base flanges, and then used the TSX injector base gasket to port match the injector base for the head openings. I did not touch the openings on the head itself.

321 - 338 of 338 Posts