I just received this item and am about to follow your directions, but did you also need to delete your existing bluetooth connection before you started these steps?SUCCESS! I purchased a CarlinKit 2 directly from the manufacturer. Their Web site confirms that it will work with the 2018-2020 Accord with Android v6 installed on the head unit.
Installing it was pretty straight forward, although the menus are in Chinese which makes it a bit difficult to figure this out.
Here's what I did and the order in which I did it.
More to come after I've had a chance to use it in daily driving. I'd caution anyone buying this to get it from Amazon, not directly from CarlinKit. I got mine because it was on sale at their Web site for less that Amazon, but the few dollars in savings aren't worth the extra time to receive it, and hopefully the Amazon version already has English as the default language.
- I connected the supplied dongle (USBc to USB A) to the USB port in the center console. The red light came on solid on the CarlinKit 2.
- The head unit displayed a screen that indicated that Bluetooth was on, but it was in Chinese.
- I went to my iPhone 12 Pro and then Settings/Bluetooth and connected to the CarlinKit 2.
- My phone appeared on the CarlinKit 2 setup Screen on the head unit of my Accord and I selected it.
- The light changed to solid green on the CarlinKit 2 device
- Apple AirPlay was recognized on the Home screen and my iPhone connected easily.
- The CarlinKit 2 connects automatically with a solid green light when I restart the car.