Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
With less than 10k on the odometer, I had one of these blow out on my 2019 HAH, presumably after hitting a pothole. The fixaflat pump that comes with the Hybrids is just as useless as Honda's we'll-tow-you warranty. After sitting in the rain for three hours, I ended up retrofitting a spare. But that is a different story entirely.

The Michelin Energy Savers lasted well over 40k for me, and I was pretty impressed with their overall performance in terms of comfort, grip and handling. That was on mostly dry California roads. I was particularly surprised when I replaced them with Pilot Sport 4 A/S and found that those do not seem to offer any better performance, but feel a lot stiffer. I put Pilot Sport A/S 2 and 3 on previous cars, and those were a class or two better than the respective tires they replaced. The blowout on the Energy Saver was the first issue I've ever had with a Michelin tire.

So I can second what others said: Michelins do not seem to be any more susceptible to damage than other brands. If anything, less so.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts