Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· 8th Gen Believer
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know oil and gas companies are brutally killing the planet but there has to be a better way of make a good Accord. The '23 looks like a older Hyundai Sonata. No way I'd buy a 1.5, a hybrid or anything with a CVT. Call me old school but I'm keeping my modded 8th gen V6 with twin wishbone front suspension until if falls apart.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, oil and gas companies are not killing the planet. You're buying into the bull crap of the leftists. I have worked in oil and gas since the 1980s and the industry has worked to and succeeded in producing much cleaner energy. Clean natural gas is one example. Fossil fuels will continue (thankfully) to be a major source of energy for the next several decades and we can all be thankful for that.
I am a leftist

· 8th Gen Believer
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
The whole car business is political and that's okay. Our country and others have emissions goals to reach. Whether they're achievable or not is a colossal unknown. We'll each approach that as best as we can. Personally I'm not ready for an EV and will hang onto my modded 8th gen, keep it nice, and see what happens.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Is trading petroleum for lithium, rare minerals and the new geopolitics and environmental impact a longterm solution? Isn't it Greenland where all the billionaire capitalists are now frantically digging up newly exposed dry land and doesn't 'friendly' China have a lot of the raw materials. Hear any talk of where millions of depleted lithium battery packs will end up?
Short term, I'm willing to use less gas but the issues large scale battery production might bring can't be ignored forever. Maybe EMusk has a plan, oh I forget, he'll be on Planet Mars.
Only the affluent will be able to afford these now expensive batteries destined for the luxury BEV models. And only half the US population live in houses with garages to charge cars at home. I think hybrids will be around for quite awhile before BEVs become dominant.
I know Toyota and maybe Honda have not given up on hydrogen but any new fuel is gonna take massive money and efforts like BEVs are now.
Agree 1 million percent. Search for a photo of a lithium mine. They cover untold square miles, and it won't matter how pristine the Earth is where lithium is located.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.